Saturday, April 16, 2011

making some progress

So the other day I started to build and knee wall.  I was about to put the top on it and realized that a number of the studs were on the wrong side of the line.  Anyways I ran out of time and needed to pull it apart and I did that today.  I then put it to place.  After much frustration I think it is pretty much level!  Once this this knee wall is completed I hope to some shelves for storage in front of it.  This is going to be a constant battle due to the fact that the house is not level.  Today I also added some truss cords (a ceiling board between two trusses).  This should put the ceiling, once finished, at just under 8 feet tall.  So the framing is coming along nicely.  I am pretty sure that I do not have enough lumber yet, but I am still scanning for more on Craigs list.
This past Tuesday I started bagging up some of the old insulation that we need to throw out.  I would have done this last weekend when I had the dumpster hear, but it was 80+ degrees out and it would have been 110+ degrees in the attic so I choose to wait.  Its a bummer cause that stuff, when bagged up is heavy and going to hard to get out of the attic.
So I hope to be getting a bunch of this framing completed yet this spring, but it is going to get too warm out to be able to work up there, and I have a BUNCH of stuff to do out side of the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment